In an effort to promote well being of the female students, Teaching and Non teaching women staff of Indus University to deal with cases/complaints of sexual harassment and to implement the women’s policies in general a Women Development Cell has been constituted in Indus University .This is in compliance with the directions issued by the UGC and MHRD,
WDC focuses on gender-sensitization in the organization which aims at creating a harmonious environment for women on campus.
Role & Functions:
- To provide forums for discourse and dispute regarding any kind of harassment which includes sexual harassment instances at the institute.
- To encourage discussion on women’s rights and gender-related issues.
- To organize symposiums, workshops, expert talks and other related activities on awareness about women’s safety.
- To invite varied NGOs and Government organizations for participation in different activities organized by the institution.
- To become a resource centre for women and provide a forum for exchange of ideas
- To review safety and security measures for female employees and girl students at Indus University campus.
Constitution of Women Development Cell
Indus University WDC consists of following members;
|Sl No||Name||Designation||WDC Committee||Email Id|
|1||Dr Manisha Dalbhide||HOD General Department||Chairmanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|2||Prof Swati Verma||HOD Automobile||Convenoremail@example.com|
|3||Prof Sweta Shah||HOD Electrical Engineering||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|4||Prof Mamta Amin||Asst Prof, General Department||Memberemail@example.com|
|5||Mrs Meeta Agarwal||Administrator and Coordinator||Member Secretaryfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|6||Ms Mohana Iyer||Student, Computer Science||UG Student Representativeemail@example.com|
|7||Ms Pooja Sharma||Student, MBA||PG Student Representative.||firstname.lastname@example.org|