Study of Civil Engineering deals with materials, design, construction, planning and maintenance of buildings or naturally built surroundings. It remains to be one of the oldest branch of engineering and a Civil Engineer must naturally have supervisory and managerial capabilities in order to be successful in profession.
The field involves the study of industrial plants, transmission towers, water works, river navigation, Airport runways, Skyscrapers, irrigation canals, traffic control, dams, canals, bridges, sewages, highways to cite a few.
Civil Engineering has many specializations such as surveying, materials, structures, transportation, geotechnical, hydraulics, soil mechanics and much more.
Career Opportunities for Civil Engineers
Civil Engineers find opportunities in all activities related to infrastructure development besides opportunities in construction environments, government services besides consultancy organisations.
Mission - Civil Engineering
To develop graduates with knowledge and skill who can excel in activities involving civil engineering knowledge and expertise.
Civil Engineering Laboratory
Following lab facilities will be provided shortly.
- Strength of Material Laboratory
- Structural Analysis Laboratory
- Surveying and GIS Laboratory
- Fluid Mechanics & Hydraulics Laboratory
- Engineering Geology Laboratory
- Environmental Engineering Laboratory
- Transportation Engineering Laboratory
- Soil Mechanics Laboratory
- Water resources Engineering Laboratory
- Cement & Concrete Laboratory
- Heavy Structures Laboratory
- Prestressed Concrete Laboratory
- Foundation Engineering Laboratory
- Computer Laboratory
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) Laboratory
Besides Centralized Computer facilities, department will have two computer centers along with following software:
- Geomeida Professional
- STAAD Pro
- STAAD III (DOS Version)
- SAP 2000
- Proshake -Ground Response Analysis Software
- AutoCAD 3D
- AutoCAD MAP 3D